Sunday, March 25, 2007

On the Way Back to Addis...



Yep, our four day weekend spoiling ourselves at the Kuriftu Resort had to end sometime, and so we reluctantly dragged ourselves back to the jeep and made our way through the calm town of Debre Zeyt once more and made our way to Addis Ababa.

Yup, that's me, kayaking in the lake - what an enormous amount of fun that was!

(ERROR ALERT!! I went into the town on the Saturday morning with a guide, actually we cycled into the town, loads of people and kids were all over the place playing chatting, some running with us, we stopped to rest, I got to see lake Hora, met some wonderful Oromo people gathered in a meeting, they were really welcoming, offering me some wine etc. I played table tennis, saw one of the oldest trees alive. Where's all this leading? Er... I forgot to take my camera with me! Big mistake!! Now I have to go all the way back and do it all again!!! Ha ha!!!)

Remember what I mentioned earlier about the warmth of Ethiopians...I really wished I could get down from the car and really snap away at these two friends/brothers/colleagues...still, I'm glad I could still capture the embrace between them.

So genuine, so real...

No comments: